[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coils and Kirilian photography (fwd)

On Thu, 03 Sep 1998 10:25:13 +0100 Barry Jones
<baj-at-resonance.co.uk> wrote;

>... Do you know of anyone who might know anything of the link between
>Tesla coils, coronal discharge and Kirilian photography?

    HI Barry, Tesla coils certainly induce coronal discharges. Coronal
discharges are
induced whenever the voltage is high enough (apx. 30,000 volts per
centimeter). Kirilian
photographs are made by applying a high voltage source to a flat metal
plate like part of a cookie sheet, then placing a sheet of film (polaroid
or regular sheet film) over the
metal plate then one places an object on top of the film and connects the
object to the high voltage source's ground return. When the high voltage
is turned on the object will emit coronal discharges from all the small
radius points on it as well as higher conducting points. The light from
the coronal discharges exposes the film which is developed. The final
picture is a still picture of the corona being emitted by the object.
The high voltage supply in most Kirilian photograph devices are; the pizo
starter from a
gas cooking grill, a circuit consisting of an oscillator driving an
automobile ignition
coil, and last, but not, least a small Tesla coil (I have also made
Kirilian photographs
using a Kelvin water drop static generator and even from a Whimshurst
(Sp.?) machine).
What all these have in common is that they are all high voltage
generators or
transformers!
    It is rather sad when one sees a "psychic science investigator" try
to use not so
widely know physical phenomenon to be-gyle the public into believing they
are seeing some
"magical" or mystical phenomenon. The most noted two of recent times are
the Kirilian
photography and Wiliam Reichs orgone energy and orgone energy devices.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]