[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: association of women coilers

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>
>
> I'm curious about something, does anyone know of any coilers out there that
> are
> female?? I'd hate to assume that coiling was a manly sorta thing.  but is
it?

....................Pretty much, It is a guy thing!  Women are usually to
smart
to fart around with things that can get them killed (other than men).

I have been in this action since about the mid 80s and have communicated in
just
about every way possible to share the experience and I have come across only 3
females 2 were young girls doing science fair projects. (gone when the
project is
done)  Only one other was moderately interested in Tesla coils, per se.  I
believe a couple showed up on this list and may be listeners.

Any woman into hard core Tesla coiling would pretty much be a Dweeb just
like all
the guys.  This hobby has a way of attracting almost identical personalities.

Those of us into TC action on a big scale probably had to find our wives
prior to
all this madness.  Wives are at the very best TOLERANT, but never fully
understanding of this mess.   If you think otherwise, you are new at
this......wait a couple of years and re-access.  At worst, I personally
know of 4
folks whose wives left them once coiling turned serious!!  Others have been
forced to tow the line, knuckle under and reduce their activities.  I know
lots
of guys in the latter category!  They came on strong, the wifeo was at
there side
at the Teslathons and gatherings, etc.  But  within a period of a year or two
they are gone.

Who has time for a clingy, demanding woman when the sparks are a flyin'.
We'll
give 'em what's left over after sparkin'.  That the ultimate test of true
love!
Right?

I find, for the most part, that women view Tesla coiling the way Yoggi Berra
viewed progress...... "It was a good thing once,.... but it just went on too
long."

Richard Hull, TCBOR