[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: win tesla vs. JHCTES

Hi John,

I guess I need some clarification on something.

>Regarding the 60ma NST, this often causes great confusion because
>a 60ma NST can deliver a lot more than 60ma, if a resonant charging
>sized capacitor is used.  So if someone says they got let's say a 60"
>spark from a 60ma NST, they may actually be drawing 120ma or even
>more from the transformer.  This helps to explain their results.  The
>60ma should be thought of as transformer rating only, rather than an
>actual amount of current draw.
>
>Bottom line, the record for a 60ma NST, and the record for a true 60ma
>current draw (from a 60ma NST), would be very different animals.

By all the previous posts I've read, NSTs are current limited to their
nameplate spec. That is, a 60mA NST will do 60 mA into a dead short. How is
the limiting accomplished: inductive or resistive?

I would believe that higher voltages could be produced, which in turn might
constitute higer VA outputs for the same (limited) current. It would seem
that you are suggesting tht these higher induced voltages will push
proportionally more current through the sec, when the voltages are actually
an effect of the nominal currents...

Could someone help enlighten me here?>

Bill Layer, member

The International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear
Technicians