[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>
>   Malcolm -
>
>   What do you call the time that bangs do not cover during TC operation?
>
>   John Couture
>
> ---------------------

Geeze Guys,

This has to be 'hearing recovery time'. : )

More seriously from an engineering standpoint, this is the "ringdown
time" during which a streamer is (hopefully) launched and if so or not,
the surplus of energy gets dissipated in the loss components of the
system primary circuit , notably the spark gap.

Looking at this another way, I have a number of Tesla Coil systems,
unpowered and sitting in storage in my lab. They are all presently
experiencing this state you describe of being between bangs!

Robert W. Stephens