[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

Since I have been involved in this discussion, I will make *my*
definition of "bang" 200% clear: A bang starts when the gap first
conducts and ceases when the gap ceases to conduct. The trace on the
oscilloscope makes it abundantly clear that the secondary is doing
nothing for most of the time between bangs in a sparking coil. The
energy loss will not permit it.

Now, back to coiling...
Malcolm

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>

>   Greg -
>
>   As I mentioned before an increase in spark energy has to show up in the
> TC either as an increase in input energy or an increase in efficiency. Do
> you know of any way to optimize at the design stage this increase in
> efficiency that you mention?
>
>   Zero energy between bangs! Are we talking about the same thing?
>
>   To me a bang starts when the operating gap starts firing. This bang
> finishes when the next bang starts. During this period there are many types
> of waveforms involved.
<snip>