[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone (solution?)

At 09:16 PM 9/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: bob golding <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
>	HI All,
>	I have been tuning my coil and adjusting it a lot this week, and have
>noticed that I am getting headaches which last about 8 hours. I am pretty
>sure they are being caused by ozone build up as I don't have much

I had the same problem, except my headaches were really bad and would last
12-20 hours. Yuk! Id be interested to know exactly why ozone has this
effect on people. Anybody?

>does anyone know what sort of
>filter i should use?, also will I get toxic fumes from the outlet of the
>vacuum cleaner i am using on my gap?

I don't know about a filter, but I put the vacuume cleaner outside and ran
plastic "swimming pool" hose inside. No more vacuume cleaner noise now!
Now that it is cooling off you might be able to get some hose cheap from a
pool place.

BTW I remember hearing somewhere that the carbon dust caused by the brushes
on the vacuume cleaner motor is supposed to be bad for you. (probably the
same people that told us a little coconut oil in our popcorn was going to
kill us...) The plants outside don't seem to mind.

Chris