[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone (solution?)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Chris Francis <cfrancis-at-infinet-dot-com>
>
> At 09:16 PM 9/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >Original Poster: bob golding <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
> >       HI All,
> >       I have been tuning my coil and adjusting it a lot this week, and
have
> >noticed that I am getting headaches which last about 8 hours. I am pretty
> >sure they are being caused by ozone build up as I don't have much
>
> I had the same problem, except my headaches were really bad and would last
> 12-20 hours. Yuk! Id be interested to know exactly why ozone has this
> effect on people. Anybody?

Ozone is highly reactive and poisonous. No wonder you get a headache,
although I am not sure of the physiological mechanism.

You might also be getting a headache from the noise. Those sparks are
pretty loud.  I've noticed that when I wear hearing protection, the
whole adjusting process is much more relaxing. I use the fancy automatic
hearing protectors with the microphones in them so you can actually hear
the hiss of corona before the arc hits, but I suspect that ordinary
earplugs would work fine.