[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: You use a utility transformer?!

At 11:55 AM 10/09/98 -0600, Marcus Young wrote:

>Yes, but isnt it impossible to apply CPR while a heart is fibrilating, which
>means theres little you can do except wait for an ambulance?
>I would imagine a stopped heart is easier to apply CPR to..

I realise this thread has died, but I found this waiting in my 'In-tray'
for a reply ..... been a little busy :-(

In short ...... NO, NO, NO !!!

You can apply CPR in either circumstance.  If your mate falls over / stops
breathing etc., you are morally abliged to give CPR to a fellow coiler
(politicians ..... hmmm, not so sure).

In fact, survival statistics show *better* survival for patients given CPR
brought into hospital with fibrillation cf. ventricular standstill. ( I am
cheating a little here as these data are not specific for electrocution,
but it serves my argument !!)

NEVER WAIT ........ DO CPR.

You just may save some-ones life one day, and if you think you get a buzz
from making a Tesla coil, it vanishes to insignificance in this league  !!

Regards,
Mark

Mark Finnis					Hm:  61 8 8289 5205
Consultant, Intensive Care Unit			Wk:  61 8 8222 5042
Royal Adelaide Hospital				Fax: 61 8 8223 6340
Adelaide  SA  5000,   Australia			Mbl: 041 2324268
http://www.health.adelaide.edu.au/icu/