[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

Hi Bill,

At 07:54 PM 9/17/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Malcolm,
> Have you ever quantified a typical voltage or energy left in the
>primary cap once the gap ceases to conduct?  Terry?  Anyone?
>
>-Bill (arcstarter)

	With high quenching gaps, a few handred to a few thousand volts can get
left on the cap.  Simple gaps tend to leave fairly low voltages.  Sometimes
I see negative voltages left if the gap happens to quench at just the right
time.  In general, the voltage left is a small portion of the original
energy.  Since I use high quench gaps, there is a lot of variation in the
cap voltages from bang to bang.  If you need more specific information let
me know.

	Terry