[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Transformer build up

	MOT's, at least where I live are fairly easy to come by, esp at microwave
repair yards and junkyards.
The transformers are usually the sturdiest components-- hence the broken
microwaves usually have intact transformers.
	I would think that a MOT power supply for a TC, given proper ballasting,
etc. would provide a low-cost (free!)  alternative to pole-pigs...
although the jury is still out on their long-term effectiveness and
resistance to breakdown.  The center tap idea is a provocative one, I'll
have to pursue that when I get back to Oregon... Thanks!
	_-_-MIke