[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: alfred.skrocki.sr-at-juno-dot-com (Alfred A Skrocki)

> I don't know of any commercialy available filter that will block ozone!

Pretty much every laser printer and photocopier has one. The corona used
in the xerographic process makes ozone, which you can't have building up
in an office. If you run a whole lot of copies (or print out the entire
tesla archives) you'll smell the ozone building up, particularly if your
printer is running in a poorly ventilated closet.  HP recommends
changing the filter on a HP LaserJet 3 every 50,000 pages (although I
bet that powered on time might be a better metric than pages, depending
on if they turn the corona on and off for each page)