[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dear Uncle Charlie

I have much business with the FCC (Uncle Charlie), and let me tell you all
the score.  The FCC does not want any more work, as they dont have the
manpower and budget to do the work they already have before them.

Any request for rule interpretations or clarifications are likely to be
passed
up the chain of command and be ruled on by a committee under the Office
of Engineering and Technology, which sees things from a bureaucratic
perspective.  To begin with, where would they fit coilers in under CFR Title
47 ?
Part 15, Radi Frequency Devices, seems like a good choice, except that
99.99 % of all TCs would fail to meet any legal technical standard under
Part 15 as it now stands, except for an exemption under paragraph 15.23
for home built devices.  We might get more technical relief under Part 5,
Experimental Stations, except we would all need to obtain Experimental
licenses and then keep written logs of all frequencies used and the times
of operation, and be able to show we did not emit energy on any
unauthorized frequency.

The bottom line is: dont look under any rocks unless you are prepared to
deal with whatever may be lurking there.  My policy is dont ask, dont tell.

If someone else asks, I can point to CFR 47 Part 15.23 and give them my
best impression of cooperative innocence.

William E. Payne
275 Oak Hills Dr
Dallas, GA    30132

770-494-1104 (day)