[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sweet spots

Hi

I think R. Hull is correct in equating 'sweet spots' in BPS
with unfiltered DC. The filter cap. in my system is 80 times
larger than the primary pulse caps; and I see no soft spots
or sweet spots as the BPS is increased.

It is quite linear - more power makes longer sparks - at low
BPS lots of short sparks at once, and at high enough BPS
only one spark, which can be varied in length with power, from
a few inches to several feet.

When the BPS exceed the capacity of the supply, the spark
becomes shorter again and a little brighter.

I'm about to add another 2 kW to my supply here shortly - we'll
see if this theory holds.

LR