[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sparklength inquiry

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>
>   Bart, Greg -
>
>   I agree the equation (Vs/1000/65)^1.43 is not correct. It should be
> (Vs/65000)^1.43 where Vs is the secondary volts or
> (KVs/65)^1.43 where KVs is the secondary kilovolts.

The revised equation is also incomplete, since it still does not
account for the effects of BPS on spark length, which are significant.

> To my knowledge this is the best equation presently available for TC
> spark length. It will probably change when more accurate data from
coilers becomes available. It appears to be working well at present.

Except that the equation blows up completely if the break rate is
altered.  This should be fixed.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org