[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BL saga

Hi all,
          I stuck some charred wood on top of my work coil last
evening and fired her up. Some bright spots did appear in the
streamers but you really had to look for them. It would be a bold
soul that could claim this was ball lightning. They appeared to be
burining particles of carbon ejected from the charcoal, probably by
the electric fields. The spots were formed in air streamers and I
suspect that the considerably brighter attached discharges would all
but mask the effect. They were not at all long lived and appeared
only in the streamers.

Malcolm