[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV wiring

In a message dated 9/24/98 12:45:34 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  It runs about $.50 to $1.00 a foot (substantially more than GTO15 neon
>  sign wire), but, it is good to 40 kV, and it is much more tough
>  mechanically (particularly when you solder to it: The polyethylene on
>  the GTO15 melts real easily).

All..

  A quick note on GTO-15 H.V. wire.  I found out by accident by going to
different neon sign shops, that there are 2 different types of GTO-15.  One is
polyethylene as you mention, and another has a silicone jacket.  I personally
like the silicone better as it won't melt, and only slightly higher in price.
It also bends much easier.

Kevin E.