[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BL saga

> Now,after reading Malcomīs post  I strongly suspect this was wishful
thinking
> of the Corum brothers. It seems plausibel that this might help in the
creation
> of ball lightning under the right conditions as the plasma has a "source" to
> catch and grow on. However, Corumīs paper state this alone will create ball
> lightning. I have to disagree with them here.

Reinhard, the corumn papers do NOT say that this alone will make ball
lightning.
here is the excerpt:

"If you can't get the 1 or 2 MV that Zaitsev requires as necessary and
which we
observed under condition 2 above, you can place a wire wrapped plumber's
candle on
the side of your small Tesla coil and get an idea of what can be seen on a
larger
machine.  "

Okay, so they say you can "get an idea" of what really happens, but they dont
actually say that you can really make BL with a low power coil.  Maybe these
little burning soot balls are just similar looking to the BL they made with
thier
larger one. (Im re-creating it right now, waiting for my fiberglassed-together
barrells coil form to dry so i can wind it)  One wonders though why they even
included it in thier manuscript.

As much as the Corum guys miscalculate, you still have to give them credit for
making ball lightning with thier tesla coil.  Just because they were way
off on a
few equations at a teslathon doesnt mean that they couldnt of made ball
lightning.  Im sure this is the case with many young experimentors who
first get
thier tesla coil working.... all the math is wrong yet they get some output.

--
Cabbott Sanders
Salem Oregon