[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RSG's different shape electrodes

D.C.,
I agree, the 3/16 inch TIG welding electrodes are
excellent for off the shelf electrodes. But regarding
the 1800rpm-4 electrodes: You state it is a great
performer for "small" systems, but does it really beat a
variable RSG? It's been posted recently that 200+ BPS
provides optimum performance. With the 1800 rpm-4
electrode, your only at 120 BPS. I have been using a
synchro 1800 rpm-4 electrode RSG, but I think my system
wants more breaks/second. Of course there's only one way
to find out. So I'm in process of building a variable dc
RSG. I plan to try it with my old coil (12.5"x34.2") and
my new coil I'm currently preparing (finally built
myself a coil winding machine which can handle variable
sized tubing from 3" to 24"). Anyway, is there a reason
you are pro-synchro 1800rpm-4 electrode RSG?,(as you've
posted several times). I guess I'm wondering what
secrets lerk out there about dc drives which I should
avoid in my build.
Bart