[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BL in TC arcs

Hi Cabbott,

> Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>
>
> I did the experiment on my small 180 mA coil. (3 neons).  I lit a match that
> was suspended at the top of an aluminum foil cone portruding from the top
> of my
> toroid.  The results were rather fantastic and i did yield the same
results as
> before mentioned, the formation of bright spots in the midst of air
streamers.
> A couple of such flashes did also form outside the air streamers, in free
> space, a distance away from the streamers!  I did not get them to last any
> longer than the blink of an eye, but i suspect that with a higher power
> apparatus, one could achieve longer lasting effects, whatever they may
be.  If
> one would suppose from the start that this effect is solely due to burning
> carbon ejecta, then he is just commiting a crime of science.

Perhaps you have a better theory? Did it happen without the carbon? I
take it this wasn't at 800BPS. Mine was happening at just 100BPS. Why
have the big coils not produced big balls according to those who
have run them?

  Tonight I
> witnessed a rather large ball flash that was orange (compared to my regular
> purple streamers) of about a centemeter in size, which seemed to grow
> instantly
> in the fork of my steady discharge.  I am not touching my setup until i
get a
> video camera on this phenomenon. I tried my digital camera, no use.
>
> BTW, I added a few more 15kv 60 mA's, for a total of 3 neons and 2 ten
gallon
> salt water glass caps.  streamers are abundant with a wide tuning "sweet
spot"
> on the primary.  I have many recent photos on my website so feel free to
look!

I'll be looking into this further as time permits. The lack of
persistence is a real problem for BL claims.

Malcolm