[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using sync gaps

John, one question,
My coil (12.5" x 34.2"), 18awg, etc.. is now using a cap
size of .06uF = 12.4J. The resonant size cap for this
coil based on xfrmr impedance of ~20k ohms was 0.128uF.
This created a bang size of ~25J! Taking the good advice
of experienced coilers on this list, I halved my cap
size to prevent "smoke, etc..". Wouldn't you say .06uF
is a large enough capacitance to provide plenty of
pudding to the streamers at 120bps? This cap isn't
matched to the input impedance but are all bets still
off?
Bart