[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Coherence ?

Malcom,
  Although I'm still a bit fuzzy on the theory related to this thread,
perhaps my meager understanding of RF theory will help.  If the voltage
along the secondary is redistrubuted, then the current also will be.  It may
be easier to instrument a secondary with current probes along its length and
look for such a redistribution of energy.  At first blush the idea of
voltage distrubution changing from linear to another distribution seemed
impossible, but after considering the math from a few different
perspectives, it seems more plausible to me.
  The impulse nature of TCs impose boundary conditions I am not accustomed
to solving, but here goes:  Let us ssume for simplicity that a helical
resonator is shock excited by a uniform flux U(2) unit function arriving at
t=0.  The linkage equation implies the initial boundary condition is the
voltage gradient along the resonator is linear at t=0.  The other boundary
condition, at t=inf,  an unloaded lossless resonator will have a voltage
distribution of sin(wt)/cos(x).  A believe it could be derived that a loaded
lossy resonator will approximate this distribution as it decays to zero, but
our practical experience leads us to believe something similar to this
simplistic model actually occurs.  Therefore the Corums may be right.
   Bear in mind I have not read these controversial authors' papers, and
please excuse this TC novice if I have totally misunderstood the questions
in my attempt at a theoretical treatment.  I am grateful for the posts of
you and all the experienced coilers out there, your patience and willingness
to help us novices is invaluable.

Makin lil tiny sparks in Georgia

Will