[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 110, 115, 117, 120 or 125 VAC ??? (fwd)

Sent: 	Sunday, January 04, 1998 2:55 PM
To: 	tesla-at-stic-dot-net
Subject: 	Re: 110, 115, 117, 120 or 125 VAC ??? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 09:33:21 -0700
From: huffman <huffman-at-tbcnet-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 110, 115, 117, 120 or 125 VAC ???

The story I held is that the power company has been increasing the voltage
over the decades. This lowers IR losses since for the same power delivered
the current will be lower. Way back when? the voltage was 110/220. It may
not seem like a big thing but spread over the grid it is a big deal. Maybe
there is some 'age' information associated with the name plate voltage
rating?
Dave Huffman