[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: coil power switch (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 13:27:34 EST
From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: coil power switch

<<
 I am building a small (4") coil powered by a 9KV 30ma NST, all of
 the primary circuit components will be enclosed in a box made of
 plexiglass and wood.  My question is should I put the switch on the
 enclosure or should it be remotely located in a separate box.  I
 have not really noticed how this is set up except on the really
 big coils.

 Any suggestions?

 Thanks,
 Chris

Chris,

I usually mount the main power switch, variac, current & voltage meters, etc.
several feet away from the coil - well out of strike range.

Ed Sonderman