[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: plate type cap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:19:50 EST
From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: plate type cap

<< Subject: 	plate type cap

 Hi everyone I am thinking of building a flat plate type cap using a Java
based calculator I figured out it should be nine 144 square inch plates of
90mil thick polyethylene submerged in mineral oil dose that sound right.

 Thanks Gary
          (KF6FPU)

Gary,

Your plans should produce a capacitor measuring between .0057 to .0065 uf,
depending on how tight you get the plates clamped together.  It should be good
up to 12 kv if you are using three layers of .030 poly to make up the 90 mils.

Ed Sonderman