Re: Kraft paper (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 01:31:18 -0800
From: davmckin <davmckin-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Kraft paper (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 98 01:39:42 -0500
> From: Adam <absmith-at-tiac-dot-net>
> To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Kraft paper
> I keep seeing mention of "Kraft" paper in capacitor discussions.  What is
> this and where can I get some to try?
> -Adam
>  absmith-at-tiac-dot-net

Kraft paper is an insulation used commonly in high voltage transformers
to insulate the winding layers.  It comes in both non-adhesive (regular
and adhesive diamond coatings .  Small transformers use 1.5, 3 and 5 mil
thicknesses.  While larger ones use multi layers of 5 mil, 10 mil, and 20
It is a class A (105 Deg. Celcius) max. temperature insulation.  Also, it is
used in capacitors as the dielectric layer. There are several sources from
which you may obtain Kraft paper.  One company is EIS (Electrical Insulation
Systems) and the other is ESSEX.  I have their company information at work.
I will post this information as soon as I can.

David L. McKinnon
High Voltage / Transformer Design Engineer

Email:  davmckin-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com