[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HF interference and transformer array (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 14:12:57 +0100
From: "H. E. Edens" <edens-at-multiweb.nl>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: HF interference and transformer array

I'm about to build an 'adult' Tesla coil, but I 'm just wondering,
does anyone know if/how these devices interfere with
other electronical equipment like TVs and radios? ....should
the spark gap be shielded? and do the streamers at the secondary
broadcast in the ether?

another thing:
My coil has to run by two 1:200 transformers, 200 VA each, with
secondaries
connected in series, primaries in parallel - and these connected to the
secondary of a genuine
toroidal transformer rated 500 VA -at- 2x22 Volts. The two 1:200
transformers are
insulated for minimal 20 kV a piece, so hopefully I'll end up with 17.6
kV -at- 23 mA.
All this because it seems to be impossible to obtain NSTs at my place.
My question: Does anyone have any experience with such an array of
transformers?
Will it work fine? Any comment would be highly appreciated - thanks

Harald Edens