[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: synch gap question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 08:50:04 PST
From: Mad Coiler <tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: synch gap question (fwd)

>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:13:23 +0000
>From: wysock-at-ttr-dot-com
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Re: synch gap question (fwd)
>
>> Date:          Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:01:32 -0700 (MST)
>> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject:       synch gap question (fwd)
>> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:55:41 PST
>> From: Mad Coiler <tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject: synch gap question

Dear Bill, all

Your explanation makes good sense too me. Unfortunately I am using a
single 12kV 60 mA neon sign transformer. Again unfortunately I have 5 of
these transformers and can only use one in my TC because of my primary
capaicitors (60mA max). Soon I may finish my homade caps. Anyways, I
wanted to use the synchronous gap because several coilers had got better
results using a synch gap rather than static on a NST. I have also been
thuroughly warned against using a nonsynch rotary gap on a NST, although
several have done it with success. Basicaly, I am just trying to get the
most out of this small coil. Maybee I should stop foolin around with
this and concentrate on finishing my next coil.

Thanks for all the help,
Tristan Stewart