[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tocopherols in mineral oil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 19:06:27 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: tocopherols in mineral oil

> screw. i have some pharmaceutical mineral oil it has mixed trocopherols
> as additives but thats all. would this be good for the caps?

Tocopherols (i.e. Vitamin E) are an antioxidant, and are a good thing, as
oxidation of your insulating oil is a bad thing. Virtually all mineral oil
has antioxidants added, either the tocopherols or BHA or BHT, including
real insulating oil like Diala. My biggest client buys highly refined
mineral oil by the 1000's of gallon. Its insulating properties are unknown
as they use it as part of a proprietary mix to produce a fog or haze in the
air. I buy the real insulating oil....

However, that said, if anyone in the Los Angeles area is interested, I
might be able to get you a few gallons at a very(!) reasonable price. Send
me a private email.