[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

7000V/700mA ??

From: 	solva-wijnschenk[SMTP:solva-at-xs4all.nl]
Sent: 	Tuesday, January 20, 1998 1:48 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	7000V/700mA ??

Dear all,

While preparing for upgrading my coil (tuning and powering up) I have a
few questions:

Prim. Caps:
Before starting to build my own rolled caps, i thought of using plastic
picnicplates as isolation between the aluminiumsheets used in the
kitchen (is this what they call 'flashing alu' ???). For higher voltage
or after a breakdown only adding or replacing plates is needed. The caps

are easily made and stackable to higher values.
1) HAS ANYBODY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE CAPFORMS??

Somenone offered me a transformer with variac (!) with 7000V/ 700mA
output including a vacuumpomp for 400 U$. Sounded very attractive
but what is more important for getting long streamers?
2)HIGH VOLTAGE OR HIGH CURRENT?

This big transformer needs a cap(prim) of about 0.32 uF.
3)Is this calculated well and DO THESE BIG VALUES FOR CAPS REQUIERE
SPECIAL ACTIONS OR GIVE CERTAIN PROBLEMS?

Waiting for answers, chears  Sparky