[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Adj. Pri. Cap

----------
From:  FutureT [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, January 22, 1998 8:22 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Adj. Pri. Cap

<<
> I'm thinking of building an adjustable primary cap(plate type) so that I
> can use it to tune the main circuit instead of the primary coil.

> Can anyone tell me why this wouldn't be a good idea(besides the extra work
> involved).

> Thanks

> Rene Caldera

Rene,

It's a very good idea although the cap may need to be quite large.
Do you plan to use the variable cap in addition to a main fixed
cap in order to keep the size of the variable cap reasonable?  I
often use this technique for critical tuning experiments and have
had excellent results.

John Freau