[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SCR drives - induction furnaces

----------
From:  Edward V. Phillips [SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent:  Thursday, January 22, 1998 12:10 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re:  SCR drives - induction furnaces

"Back in the old days, there were several medium power (~20KW)
induction heating furnaces available, based on spark gap technology.
 I'm trying to adapt this sort of thing to tesla coil service.
Anyone out there tried this other than myself?"
	Used to be one across the hall from my lab.  Worked fine but
generated a lot of interference.  By the way, I have a spark-type
diathermy (they used to be very common) which appeared to have
worked around 300 kHz.  Don't have the original coil.
Ed