[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

COIL LENGTH?

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, January 23, 1998 8:48 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: COIL LENGTH?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Chris,

Go with a longer coilform length, especially if you're thinking about
running at higher power levels later on. Go for at least 24" to get
better voltage standoff and to provide more clearance between the toroid
and the primary strike-rail. A 4:1 or even 5:1 ratio won't make a big
difference, especially if you increase the wire diameter to keep the
turns in the 600 - 900 range.

-- Bert --