[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, January 26, 1998 6:19 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd)

  Antonio -

  How do you do the calcs for finding the secondary voltage per Greg Leyh's
problem with 3 MV and 100 pf? Do you use this equation?

    Joules = .5 C Vs^2

  Many coilers use this equation but do not explain the fact that the
voltage is a transient.

  Or do you use this equation?

    Vs = Vp sqrt(Cp/Cs)

  Note that when the Vp and the Cp/Cs ratio is held constant the Vs voltage
can be changed only by increasing the input wattage and size of the coil.

  Do you have any comments on my post regarding power magnification to Jim
Monte per "Magnifying power (was voltage/length)?

   John Couture