[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Measuring secondary voltage (fwd)

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, January 26, 1998 5:21 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Measuring secondary voltage (fwd)

to: Malcolm

We tried using 3 different types of coils with different freq's -- we also
changed the top load capacitance and with retuning of the primary did not
see a lot of difference as to the freqs effects on the spark length.  I
would suspect that very drastic changes like above 500 kHz would have
visible effects but in the freq ranges we tested of 100 to 350 kHz there
was only a 2-3% total change -- almost negligible.  Each test produced
nearly similar results with consistent readings of 9 ft at 1,000 kV and 5
ft. at 500 kV.