[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

winding your own transformer

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 28, 1998 12:11 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: winding your own transformer

to: Travis

Usually there are two physically separate identical coils so the center tap
point is the ground connection or lower side (innermost physically) of each
coil.  The outermost or end of the winding is the highest point on the
coil.  Each coil is also wound in a different direction CW vs CCW so that
one is plus (peak) while the other is minus (peak).  Most larger (12 kV and
15 kV) NST's use this type of construction.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net