[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Strange Spark Phenomena

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Thursday, January 29, 1998 2:54 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Strange Spark Phenomena

Hi Gary,

I too have noted this on a number of occasions with a lot of
different systems (easy to see at low power). My reading of it is
that a streamer issues from the terminal and a close enough object
(either simultaneously or when the terminal leader gets close enough
to the target (cf. lightning)) and the two meet in the middle where,
presumably, the highest concentration of energy is. Any
advance/correction to this anyone?

Malcolm