[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: photo flash caps. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:27:23 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: photo flash caps. (fwd)

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: photo flash caps. (fwd)
> Date: Thursday, April 30, 1998 7:38 AM

330V at 162 uF = 162/2 * (.330)^2 = about 8 Joules.

It might give you a nasty little burn, It will hurt a whole bunch, but
probably won't kill you unless you have terrible luck and the current path
goes through your heart at just the right impedance. The most likely thing
will be some secondary injury from your hand jerking and hitting something
with a sharp edge.

I wouldn't recommend it as a pleasurable experience.