[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: photo flash caps. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:55:28 -0700
From: Scott Cutler <spcutler-at-ucdavis.edu>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: photo flash caps. (fwd)

>It might give you a nasty little burn, It will hurt a whole bunch, but
>probably won't kill you unless you have terrible luck and the current path
>goes through your heart at just the right impedance. The most likely thing
>will be some secondary injury from your hand jerking and hitting something
>with a sharp edge.

You won't even get a burn, unless you deliberately try to do so.  Maybe if
you pinched the contacts with your fingers, then tried your best not to let
go from the shock, you might get one, but I doubt it.  I've discarged up to
4 of these across myself with no lasting damage (I think... :-) ).  Needless
to say, I'm a WEE bit more careful with my Tesla coil.

>I wouldn't recommend it as a pleasurable experience.

Agreed!

Scott Cutler