[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: choke

Simply use the same formula as for your Tesla secondary - just use finer
wire on maybe a two to four inch form.

However, you may want to look over the list archives and decide for
yourself whether chokes are a good idea - their self resonance can cause
probs and destroy your NST in itself. Gary Lau's page on the ring is a
good place to look at a comparison between RC, LC and LCR filters. I am
going for RC, on balance, from the stuff I've read - four 1k5 100W
resistors, two in series on each side of the supply, with my caps to the
central ground at the midpoint of these. Don't forget that W/W resistors
have some inductance too and will help cut out VHF bursts from primary
self-resonance just as well, if not better than chokes.

I dare say you will get lots of answers on this, but resistors are also
easier to implement (once you're fed up of winding wire!)

Alex