[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Alternative supply for tesla coils

I have a NST that I've unpoted & ran dry on a coil without any flash over of
any kind. The secondaries of a NST have much more insulation around them
then do the MOT's. I was also wondering what value anyone would recomend as
a stiffing cap after the doubler. Using electronic workbench, the voltage
dropped to like half if I made the value to high. The program only gives the
correct voltage about half the time too. So anyone that uses a MOT supply,
or has messed with these kinda doublers much, let me know. I think I need a
cap rated at 7-8Kvdc with a value from 1-10µF. I know a poly in that size
would be huge. So does anyone know what to do there? I think for now I'm
just going to try for the 7Kv supply using a single mot. Most likely I'll
limit the current to 150~250mA. Also if anyone has 4 matching 500ma
microwave diodes let me know what you want for them.
<snip>