[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

On 03/31/99 19:06:33 you wrote:

>Original Poster: "Bert Pool" <bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com>
>
>[snip]

>If he performs the experiment with the voltage set so that there is *no*
>breakout, and the compass still shows a similar action, then the compass
>indication will have been proven to *not* be due to a rectification action
>caused by the output spark itself.  If the compass did not show a reation
>under these conditions, then I'd say he would have pretty convincing
>evidence that the output spark itself is causing rectification.
>
>Bert Pool

4/1/99

Bert is right on target.  As soon as I get my coil repaired I intend on
doing this experiment.  Because there was variation in compass deflection
which appeared to be influenced by the size and length of TC spark
discharge, I anticipate some type of gaseous rectification.

Bert's post is a very important post because it emphasizes the marked
difference between a TC producing breakout and a functioning TC without
breakout.  They are entirely different machines in their function.
All TC experimentation should specify which mode the coil is in.

Tesla realized this.  He was the ultimate electrician of his time and he
was also a consummate showman.  While he was dead serious about creating
his wireless world power system, these coils never had intentional
spark breakout.  Sparks to him were an unwanted waste of energy.
Anathema to his goal.  In his showmanship mode, he
mastered
"trick photography" with multiple exposures of very brief firings.
Often times his photographs placed him in the midst of massive bursts
of TC discharges.  A most awsome sight for the general public.
Tesla invented the modern "photo op" with his coils.

Same coil, two very different modes of function.

RWW