[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My cap is still alive! (forwarded, used wrong email)

>From - Sat Apr  3 13:58:41 1999
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 13:12:31 +0100
From: Alex Crow <alexcrow-at-clara-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: My cap is still alive, thankfully!

All,

The cap hasn't punctured at all it seems - the buzzing was just because it
was'nt clamped and the plates were vibrating a lot - there was a bit of a bang
on the final plate where there was a large air space btweeen the dieletrics,
but it only produced a little carbon that was easily wiped off (I painted all
the plates with oil as I built it). Being as it's still OK, I will take better
care of it from now on and find it a nice little oil bath! For 10KV operation
I'm going to need three more of these! Should be fun (yawn) building them -
300 plates in total!

Thanks for the help

Alex