[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ISEF display

Tesla List wrote:

> designing a TC that could be displayed.  The primary problems are: size, it
has
> to be small; noise, both RF and sound; and lack of a good ground.  Does
having
> the primary inside the secondary cut down on noise?  I don't think it will,
but
> I've never built a coil like that.  It would at least cut down on space.  If
> anyone has any thoughts, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

I'm no expert either, but you could probably cut down on auditory noise by
shielding the spark gap, and by using the coil to drive a plasma globe.  It's
still
a tesla coil, but the evacuated globe would cut down on noise dramatically.  I
have
no experience with tube-based coils, but from what I hear (no pun intended),
that's
probably the way you should go.  Sound doesn't travel in a vacuum, so that
seems to
be a good solution.

Just hypothesizing,
Adam