[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 questions on resonance

<< > gap is too wide, then 1F firing will result.  It sounds like you're
saying
> > you've seen a different result?
> >
> > John Freau

> Sorry, I wasn't making myself clear. You are quite right of course. I
> might also have botched some calculations I sent in another post.
> Club me with them if you like. I was trying to make the point that
> the energy delivery of the transformer can be seen to be limited,
> even if the cap is set for mains resonance. See my post on this. I
> think the calcs are actually OK, just an assertion about the firing
> rate. Anyhow, check out my argument.

> Cheers,
> Malcolm

Malcolm,

Yes, you're saying resonant charging does not magically
turn an NST into a non-shunted transformer, rather it still has a
definite, but perhaps higher limit depending on input voltages, etc.
That's a good point.  More comments in my response to
your other posting where I mention the effects of NST losses,
other tests I need to still do, etc.

Regards,
John Freau