[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 questions on resonance

At 10:55 PM 09/04/99 -0600, John Couture wrote:

>  Malcolm -
>
>  What do you mean by power? Note that if the NST is powering a Tesla coil
>it is possible to magnify the input power by hundreds of times. The
>magnification can be done even without resonant charging. Refer to past posts.

Now I'm only a simple medico, so please take this slowly ......

How do you get more energy out per unit time than you put in ???

I appreciate we store energy in the primary cap and release this over a
much shorter time interval, however in terms of power calculations should
we not be averaging this over time to give J/s, and I still can't see how
J/s out can be > J/s in over time.

mark

Mark Finnis					Hm:  61 8 8289 5205
Consultant, Intensive Care Unit			Wk:  61 8 8222 5042
Royal Adelaide Hospital				Fax: 61 8 8223 6340
Adelaide  SA  5000,   Australia			Mbl: 041 2324268
http://www.health.adelaide.edu.au/icu/