[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap: Flat vs. Cylinder

I think it would work great. The only difference between it and a classic
RQ type gap is that the arrangement requires a long skinny fan (or the
equivalent), which might cost more than the single muffin fan or vacuum
cleaner blower of the RQ gap. Wasn't it Terry who built the long string of
tubes gap (like yours) and was shorting out sections of it to experiment
with gap distances? Presumably, you've got a supply of fans, so I think
your design is quite workable... Not as compact perhaps, but easier to
maintain and adjust.

Silly me.. I read on further down my received mail, and there was a post
from Terry describing his gap..