[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Webpage & twin coil question

Hello all,

I would first like to quickly say that over the last couple months I
have added a lot of new stuff and overhauled my website. If anyone is
interested in seeing my various TC's and other HV projects, my website
is at

http://members.tripod-dot-com/~mad_coiler/tesla/

Secondly, I have built a small twin coil, but it is currently
non-operational and I have a couple questions for a new twin coil I
will be building.

1) If you had a classic coil and duplicated its secondary, then hooked
the bases together to form a twin coil (also duplicated another
primary with one wound opposite) would the resulting frequency of the
twin coil be the same or would it be lower? Hooking two together adds
more inductance and capacitance, so I would expect that the freq would
decrease. However, I have also heard that the new coil would be
electricaly 1/2 wave resonant instead of 1/4 wave, so the freq would
remain the same?

2) Does it make any difference if it is the primary coils or the
secondary coils wich are wound in opposite directions. For example,
both primaries could be wound cw, while one sec is cw and the other is
ccw. Or, both secondaries could be cw and the primary are cw and ccw.

3)  Has anyone ever used a 12V inverter to power a coil? This whole
project is for a portable twin coil I would like to build to run of a
lead-acid battery. I wonder though how an inverter will hold up to the
noise. Of course you could probably filter it a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Tristan Stewart(KC2EBM)

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com