[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Eric Dollard 180 phasing tesla coil

A Michael Randall had once mentioned to me in mailing about the exotic 180
phased TC system from Borderland Research, perhaps I
am surely mistaken. In reality nothing about this should be
exotic the way I understand it. This was before I joined
the list, so now I am enquiring.Enquiring minds need to know
in order to grow.
     The fact of certain matters needs to be addressed
in such a way that when something previously mentioned
is passed over as being insignificant, it must again be
mentioned in light of its possible significance.
     The whole design of TC construction is predicated on designs
already predicated on a single primary.The question and advantage
of using two primaries from two oppositely phased 180 degree systems
placed so the primaries are in mutual inductance has not been
addressed as a realistic new parameter of design.
     The simple version of this idea is contained in the Oudin coil
typically represented with a primary in the middle and a Half wave-
length total of wire length which essentially must be the same thing
as two quarter wavelength resonators placed back to back.
Then the determined polarity of both end terminals is supposedly
exercized to be most effectively opposite to each other and
conducive to arcing between them.
     Again in comparison we could place two ordinary1/4 wavelength
resonators back to back to secure the same effect: but then there
would be TWO primaries and not ONE. Each of the capacities in turn
associated with those primaries would have to be readjusted according
to the change made by MUTUAL inductance between those primaries.
     As we draw these two imaginary schematics out in our minds we see
two of these well recognized schematics; that of two tesla primaries
where a distinction has been made whereby the primaries are placed
in constructive mutual agreement in induction; irrespective of the fact
that they were 180 phased and  the coils were arranged to aid and not
oppose. On each of the schematics one will see its appropriate arc gap
that initiates the high freq. tank oscillation.
     In reality those two different arc gaps in the double schematic can
be replaced by a new schematic where each side uses the SAME
arc gap in OPPOSITE directions. This is a total redesign of things.
     I therefore submit that a stagnation of knowlege over time of tesla
coil design has possibly occured and some relevant explanations can

or cannot be made in defence of the status quo?
Sincere in the truth;
Harvey D Norris
parallel configuration reconfigured,
recognized and refined for modern times...