[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Beginner looking for help

Well after months of reading www sites on the subject and reading lots
of the archives of this list I have decided to try and build my first
TC. Even after all the reading on the subject I am left with a few
questions. I am hopeing some one can give me some pointers.

Ok to start I began collecting the stuff a few days ago. The area I am
in (Mansfield Between Dallas/Ft. Worth) has lots of construction going
on. (new Homes) A little digging in there trash provided more wood and
PVC pipe than I can carry. So I guess the first question is what is the
difference between gray PVC, blue PVC, and standard white PVC? The gray
is labeled Electrical conduit. I am assuming all should be sealed with
polyurethane. Should screws be used to construct the base? I know that
is a strange question but I just want to be sure. Checking the garage
produced 4 Fly backs (I have lots of old monitors from my arcade games.)
I was going to use a fly back for the HV generator but after reading the
instructions they don't seem to make sense. Can someone point me to a
good pic of an assembled HV generator using a Fly back? Where is a good
place to buy magnet wire, CHEEP. The local mousers has 12lb for 60$ I
just don't know if that is good, about normal, or way to high.

Thanks in advance
    cl-at-egypt.pca-dot-net