[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sync gaps

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Brian H Le Page" <brian-at-oneau-dot-com>
>
> Hi all
>
> I have read on the list, some time ago, about machining the armature of an
> induction motor to make it synchronous.  I have read descriptions of what to
> do but I am still unsure of what is actually required.  Are there any images
> that I could look at to get my mind straight on the procedure?
>
> I have been off list for a while due to house move and work and apologise if
> this has been covered recently
>
> Dr B, Church Crookham, England

Brian,

"Here's a portion of a previous post that should help...
One of the best summaries of induction motor operation
and modification for synchronous operation is by a very experienced
coiler on the Tesla List, Brent Turner. Brent's information package can
be found by going to Brent's section at the FUNet site:
        ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/pictures/turner/
The files you're looking for are:
motors.txt, motors_1.gif, motors_2.gif, salient1.jpg - salient6.jpg and
salnt 1t.jpg - salnt 6t.jpg.
These pictures are worth 10,000 words! Happy hunting"

Safe coilin' to you!

-- Bert --